Writing to CDRW and DVD+RW 's

Rogmur 23:31 09 Jan 04

Hello to all Forum Members

I would very much like some advice on writing to CDRW's and DVD+RW's.
I am trying to write to half full CDRW's and DVD+RW's but keep recieving error messages saying the disk is "read only".
So, are CDRW's and re-writable DVD's only meant to be written to once and no further files added later? (unless I erase the entire disc and write new data??)
So unlike floppies and Zip disc's is it not possible to add files later irrespective that the disc is not full.
I am confused.

I am running WinXP (Home) have Sony DRU-10A DVD Rewriter and VOBID Instant Drive (which is far from instant).

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanking you in advance
Rogmur

hugh-265156 23:37 09 Jan 04

if you use third party burning sortware like nero or easy cd then burn the disc as a "multisession" disc,you can keep adding things untill its full up.

xp`s built in burning software will finalise the disc after the first session meaning you cannot add any more to that disc.

if its an rw disc then you can of course save the files on it to a folder then format it and start again as multisession.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…