//some 3rd party need geo

Writing AVI files to DVD using DRU-510A

Rent 10:52 19 Nov 03

I am using a Sony DRU-510A DVD writer and find that when I play them back using Windows Media Player direct from the CD or DVD, whichever disc was used, the playback is jumpy. The files played back from the HDD directly are perfect. If I copy the files back from the disc to my HDD they play perfectly.
I have tried many different discs with the Sony writer without success. The software I am using to copy is RecordNow DX with Win XP Home Edition.
I have tried sftware upgrade from the manufacturer and got the recent firmware upgrade from Sony. Anybody any ideas before I re-master.

MichelleC 11:26 19 Nov 03

Apart from an update on chipset driver I can only suggest looking at a process in task manager which may be interfering with burning. A dv software user found his burning/rendering process glitchy and it took months to find out it was a fan kicking into the pcu's burning/rendering.

BigMoFoT 12:53 19 Nov 03

Have the same writer but dont use the Veritas Software and have no problems; This is my spec

ASUS A7V333
XP2100+
512 MB DDR
80 GB and 60 GB maxtor drives

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…