Writing an autorun.inf

Compassion 11:26 03 Mar 05

I have written an SVG document that is viewed using Internet Explorer. I want to burn it to a CD, and autorun it when the CD is put into the drive. I have written a autorun.inf which looks like this:

[autorun]
OPEN=ieexplore.exe frontpage.svg

and put it and frontpage.svg on a CD. However, it doesn't run when I put it in a disk drive. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'd prefer not to use an autorun creator program for this.

C

Jaymz87 11:32 03 Mar 05

Does autorun work for other CDs? If not then Autorun has been disabled. If thats the case, let us know, and I, or someone else, will let you know how to re-enable it, because I can't remember how to do it right now. :)

Compassion 12:03 03 Mar 05

No, autorun is enabled. I've now tried it on 2 computers (with autorun on) and it doesn't work on either.

C

mattyc_92 19:04 15 Mar 05

The file should be..... (without the double line spaces)

[autorun]

Open=frontpage.svg

Icon= (don't add this command if you don't want to supply your own icon for the disk)

This will open a file "frontpage.svg" in the "default" application for this file type... The file MUST de the the ROOT of the drive e.g. d:\myfile.??? and not in subdirectories like c:\mysubfolder\myfile.???

mattyc_92 19:04 15 Mar 05

and save the file as "autorun.inf"

Compassion 00:58 18 Mar 05

Jaymz87, mattyc_92 and ßéLâ,

thanks for all your help. I think the problem may be that there isn't a default app for SVG on my machine. I'm going to try and sort that out now!

Thanks again.

mattyc_92 17:06 18 Mar 05

Added some info on my site... click here This will explain how to create it.....

You will need to install "Macromedia Flash Player" from click here for a SWF file....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…