Writer/reader problems

1Ssam 20:14 09 Nov 09

I have both Sonic and Nero on my computer and , normally, when I want to archive my photographs to CD, (after I have downloaded them from my camera to my computer)I use Sonic. Recently I have run into trouble as when I try to `write` to CD, although he screen says the project is under way and also`writng to disc has been successful`,when I try to read the new disc I get the dreaded blue screen. I tried using Nero but with the same result. Finally I thought it may be the Philips DVDRW 9(D)but this certainly `reads` OK. Could it be just the `write` part of the
drive that is playing up? Is it possible for half the component to fail?
Any suggestions please ? Thanks - 1Ssam

1Ssam 19:28 13 Nov 09

As I got no replies to my problem (see above) I did a bit of research on other peoples similar problems in the helproom and it would seem that my main problem is having both Sonic and Nero on the computer at the same time. A few people mentioned that there was some incompatability or conflict between the two progams. So my difficulty now is, how do I get rid of both these progams, including all those residual bits,
that are left after the normal `unistall` procedure. I then propose to start again with a completely new program.

Please help - 1Ssam

tullie 20:09 13 Nov 09

Try Revo Uninstaller followed by CCleaner

1Ssam 20:43 13 Nov 09

Thank you tullie for your prompt reply. I shall certainly try them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…