Write Protection

desperate1950 15:46 01 Jan 05

I have a multi card reader when I try to copy files to my M.M.C. card I get an error Message "cannot copy media this disc is write protected please remove write protection or insert new disc " when it is in the camera it takes photos and I can upload them to "My Pictures with no trouble " any ideas friends

Desperate 1950

Technotiger 15:48 01 Jan 05

Hi, look at the edge of your card and you will see a little slider - move that to un-protect.

Cheers.

desperate1950 15:56 01 Jan 05

Thanks for your qwick response the slider was one of the first things I tried with no luck

Thanks Desperate 1950

Technotiger 16:15 01 Jan 05

Hi again, have you tried the slider in Both positions? Protect/Unprotect - it should work.

desperate1950 16:22 01 Jan 05

Yes with no luck I have a S.D. card also and I get the same problem .

Desperate 1950

Technotiger 16:28 01 Jan 05

Right, in that case I would suspect a PC problem.
If you give us details like OS, etc maybe someone else will come on and offer a possible solution. 'fraid my knowledge is not very extensive, but will help if I can. If I can't, I am certain someone else will.

Cheers.

Technotiger 16:30 01 Jan 05

Just another thought - has your Card Reader got any sort of write-protect mechanism??

desperate1950 16:49 01 Jan 05

I suspect the same as you the card reader is only read only "It was an impulse buy and dirt cheap I should have been a bit wiser at £4.99 " A new reader is called for nows the time to use the christmas vouchers .

Thanks again when two great minds think a like they are usualy right

Desperate 1950

desperate1950 19:03 13 Jan 05

Thanks every one for there help I have now fitted a external reader writer 19-1 cards I did not know there was that many, and everything is now fine so thanks for your help,

Desperate 1950

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…