Write protected SD memory stick problem?

lonemascot 12:22 26 Oct 09

My camera uses a High Capacity SD memory stick. The camera read pics from it and can add to it. If I connect the camera to my PC with the USB cable I can view and copy the files to my PC. However, I can't delete pics from the camera via the PC and I can't place files from the PC to the camera as it says the disk is write protected.

I have gone into camera settings and made sure the disc lock is off. I have checked the actual SD discs slide lock and it is in the unlock position.

Further to my annoyance, my card reader in my PC won't access the card to view files either.

Either the card is busted somehow or I'm missing something somewhere. Any ideas?

Jak_1 16:11 26 Oct 09

Have you checked that the little tag on the side is set to unlocked?

Graphicool1 16:25 26 Oct 09

Has it always been like this, or has it only just started happening?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:48 26 Oct 09

my card reader in my PC won't access the card to view files either.

High Capacity SD

You will need a later edition card reader to read HC capacity cards (anything above 4G)

BRYNIT 17:07 26 Oct 09

Your card reader in your computer may only be capable of reading SD cards(upto 2GB) and not HDSD cards which are 4GB+. You will need a HDSC card reader.

Not all cameras will allow you to delete the pictures from the SD/HCSD card when connected via the computer.

Note some older cameras will not read cards formatted via a computer and must be formatted using the camera.

knowing which camera you have may help us give more advice.

lonemascot 23:07 26 Oct 09

It is a Panasonic DMC FS62

The card is a PNY optima 16GB HC SD card.

It used to work fine. Plug it in the reader and hey presto it would pop up on screen.

Just formated the card via the camera and it still dont work.

slidey tab on card is in unlock postion

BRYNIT 02:15 27 Oct 09

After a quick look through the Camera instruction I could find no reason why it should not Work.

You could try the camera connected to another computer to see if you have the same problems also try the HCSD card If you have no problems it could be a software problem on your computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…