Write-protected CD-RWs?

Plump Peaches 14:18 27 Jan 05

Hi - Can anyone help? I'm using windows XP and I’m having a few issues with Roxio's drag to disk on my CD-RW discs. I’m trying to copy some files onto disk to save them (they consist of .doc files and .jpg / .bmp). I can copy them onto the CD-R discs no problem but when I try to copy them to the CD-RW ones I get the error message “CANNOT CREATE OR REPLACE ‘FILENAME’: ACCESS IS DENIED. MAKE SURE THE DISK IS NOT FULL OR WRITE-PROTECTED AND THAT THE FILE IS NOT CURRENTLY IN USE”. Can CD-RWs be write-protected? If so, how do you un-write-protect them! I have tried formatting the disk to no avail... I'd be very gratefull for any help. Thanks
*jo*

rawprawn 15:40 27 Jan 05

You could try this freeware, but it will only run if you have .network installed click here, usually formatting it solves the problem, or it may just be a rogue disc so try a different CDRW first.

Noelg23 15:43 27 Jan 05

have you tried to format them? that might help...

mattyc_92 16:54 27 Jan 05

Quote from Plump Peaches.. "I have tried formatting the disk to no avail"

Noelg23 16:59 27 Jan 05

oh sorry...

mattyc_92 17:01 27 Jan 05

What program did you use to format the disk??? You should use Drag-to-disk so that it is reconised as writable

Jo3 12:46 28 Jan 05

I have used Roxio to format the disk. I have also tried several other disks, all of them have the same issue?

Jo3 12:51 28 Jan 05

By-the way, i can copy to the CD-R discs, but every CD-RW i try is access denied. The are CD-RW 80min/700MB discs from Imation.

JonnyTub 12:55 28 Jan 05

if you right click on the drive and select properties, is there a tab heading named dla?

Jo3 13:00 28 Jan 05

no - 'general', 'autoplay', 'hardware', 'sharing', 'recording.

JonnyTub 13:04 28 Jan 05

that throw's my idea out the window, what version of roxio are you using ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…