//some 3rd party need geo

Wriring/Editing Excel VBA

Chris the Ancient 17:26 13 Nov 03

That's caught VoG's attention (I hope).

Nothing drop dead about this - just a couple of VERY slight niggles.

When I first switch into the VBA window, the 'Project' window (top left) opens the project with the 'Excel Objects' expanded. As some of my workbooks have several pages, this means I have to scroll down to get to the 'Modules' (sigh... such an effort!)

Is there a way of presetting the 'Project' window so that it opens with 'Excel Objects' collapsed and 'Modules' expanded?

The other little niggle is the 'Code' window. My scroll wheel doesn't work in this window. You'd think I'd have learned by now, but I ain't! I still keep trying to scroll (unsuccessfully) in this window. Anyone found a way of making that work?

Neither of these niggles is the end of the world, but they remain as niggles!

Have to go out to work for a couple of hours, so will check back when I get home later.

TIA

Chris

Chris the Ancient 17:26 13 Nov 03

Wriring? Try Writing!

VoG II 18:24 13 Nov 03

I think if you save the project window as you want it, it should open the same the next time. I have so much in mine that it can take a while to find what I want!

My scroll wheel works in the editor and I haven't done anything special to set it up.

Chris the Ancient 21:08 13 Nov 03

Ta for the help.

Hmmm...

With mine (Excel XP in Win XP Home), the project window always goes to that default of all expanded - whatever state of the save. (And I've just double checked - to make sure.) In fact I've found that all the sub-thingies open up expanded and not just the 'Excel Objects'.

As to the scroll, must just be a peculiarity of my mouse. Scrolls in all the other macros windows, just not the code window!

Wierd!

I shall keep the thread live for a little while longer looking for more help. I shall also try a repair on Excel and see if that helps.

Chris

Chris the Ancient 10:48 14 Nov 03

Repairing the application didn't help!

Any more ideas pls?

Chris

Simsy 11:01 14 Nov 03

I have the same thing at home, (Win 98 , Excel 2000), where the mouse wheel doesn't work in the code Window.

I also have the same thing at work, Win2000 ExcelXP

ps/2 mouse in all cases.

Regards,

Simsy

Chris the Ancient 12:16 14 Nov 03

Let's gang up on Vog and FORCE him into an answer!!

;o))

Glad it's not just me. It looks like we're in the majority.

BTW - my mouse is a Logitech Cordless MouseMan Optical - so I checked the properties for that and it all seems OK.

Chris

Chris the Ancient 13:37 15 Nov 03

Someone found me THIS little mouse utility.

click here

And I don't even have click on the window I want to scroll - just hover the pointer over it! (Selectable)

So, we're 50% of the way there!

Chris

pc moron 14:55 15 Nov 03

Microsoft mouse?

I had exactly the same problem with Excel 2002 and Win XP- the driver supplied with Win XP wouldn't let me use the scroll wheel in Excel's code window.

I have a basic Microsoft mouse (IntelliMouse) and I sorted the problem by downloading a driver from click here

Chris the Ancient 15:01 15 Nov 03

Trouble is - Logitech provide their own drivers for their mice - and that didn't help!

Personally, I'm rather liking this Freewheel utility from that link I gave...

So far...

Chris

Simsy 20:34 16 Nov 03

(and email)

Chris the Ancient...

It's working just great!!

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…