.WPS Document viewer?

Andrew P 16:54 17 May 03

Hi,
I have been sent a .wps document by a friend. I understand it was created in Works 2000. I have Microsoft Word 2002 on my computer, but I cannot open the file. I just get a 'select the file encoding' box if I try to open it in word, and all i see is a load of squares and random symbols. I do not have Works (any version) on my computer. How can I open this file?
Thanks,
AP

VoG™ 16:58 17 May 03

You need to install the MS converter pack click here

Andrew P 17:04 17 May 03

Thanks, VoG™ - I knew it was there somewhere! Now all i've got to do is wait for it to download... on 56k!

Andrew P 19:47 17 May 03

I have downloaded the file mentioned but still cannot open the .wps file. Is there something I am missing?

otubby1 22:17 17 May 03

Sorry to steal your thread but,

VoG™, I have the same problem with Wks files. I had a thread running about it but got no joy. I have downloaded the conversion package but none of the files will open. I've tried Word, Access and Excel. I am running ME and Office XP.

spruce 07:35 18 May 03

Have a look in your old PC Advisor disks for quick view plus 4.5 it has the viewers.

VoG™ 11:48 18 May 03

I sent you off to the wrong place.

I've managed to track this down click here

DieSse 11:49 18 May 03

In Word, when you choose Open a file, try the "Recover text from any file" option in File Types.

This will give you the starting and ending "rubbish" - but usually enables you to see the text readily - you can then cut and paste if you want to tidy it up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…