.WPS Document viewer?

Andrew P 16:54 17 May 03

Hi,
I have been sent a .wps document by a friend. I understand it was created in Works 2000. I have Microsoft Word 2002 on my computer, but I cannot open the file. I just get a 'select the file encoding' box if I try to open it in word, and all i see is a load of squares and random symbols. I do not have Works (any version) on my computer. How can I open this file?
Thanks,
AP

VoG™ 16:58 17 May 03

You need to install the MS converter pack click here

Andrew P 17:04 17 May 03

Thanks, VoG™ - I knew it was there somewhere! Now all i've got to do is wait for it to download... on 56k!

Andrew P 19:47 17 May 03

I have downloaded the file mentioned but still cannot open the .wps file. Is there something I am missing?

otubby1 22:17 17 May 03

Sorry to steal your thread but,

VoG™, I have the same problem with Wks files. I had a thread running about it but got no joy. I have downloaded the conversion package but none of the files will open. I've tried Word, Access and Excel. I am running ME and Office XP.

spruce 07:35 18 May 03

Have a look in your old PC Advisor disks for quick view plus 4.5 it has the viewers.

VoG™ 11:48 18 May 03

I sent you off to the wrong place.

I've managed to track this down click here

DieSse 11:49 18 May 03

In Word, when you choose Open a file, try the "Recover text from any file" option in File Types.

This will give you the starting and ending "rubbish" - but usually enables you to see the text readily - you can then cut and paste if you want to tidy it up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…