wps doc???

gudda96 12:12 30 Apr 04

I have been sent an attachment that has been saved as a wps doc which is Works.

I use Word so cannot open it even though I have tried to open with different progs.

Someone suggested d/l Wordviewer but as I have Word, I dont think I need that, any suggestions other than sending it back for change.

ventanas 12:29 30 Apr 04

Are you sure it's Works. I think they are .wks

Its possible that this is a Wordperfect file.

mgmcc 12:39 30 Apr 04

The ".WPS" file format is indeed Works' own word processor format, although it should still be able to save in either Words' ".DOC" format or in ".RTF"

I think you'll have to request that the file be re-saved in, ideally, RTF format which any word procesor should be able to open.

Works' "Spreadsheet" files use the .WKS extension.

ventanas 12:54 30 Apr 04

Thank you. I stand corrected. :-))

gudda96 15:03 30 Apr 04

Thank you both, I had the opinion that its easier if he scrolls down in "save as type" until he has same as me and I had chosen RTF.

As these are printscreens he is sending,I also suggested that he does p/s key/open his image editor/edit/paste/and save as jpeg???

mgmcc 09:11 01 May 04

RTF (Rich Text Format) is a universal word processing format that retains the formatting detail in documents. Whether it will handle embedded pictures is another matter. If what is being sent is screenshots, it would certainly be better to send them as jpeg files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…