WPN 111 again

sidandlil 09:12 14 Oct 06

my wireless adaptor is now working great thanks to your help in this forum, have a very good to excellent connection. I do still have the problem though of the adaptor "closing down" is that right?, when I switch off the printer or my external hard drive. would it help if I uninstalled them and reinstalled, or do I need a powered hub. I have 4 slots at the back of pc, using 3, also have 3 on front but same thing happens. I have searched but cant find anyone else with same problem.
thanks again

Danoh 10:07 14 Oct 06

Your previous thread for others to reference click here
Not related to a wireless USB, but a friend's printer would not work properly after he changed to use another USB port ~ uninstalling his printer and reinstalling it to use that different USB port fixed things ~ no idea why.

sidandlil 17:32 14 Oct 06

Danoh, I uninstalled the printer and external drive and ejected them both as well as the adaptor using the safely remove hardware icon,then reinstalled.It didnt make any difference, but then I had a thought. I have since shut down the pc first before switching off the drive and printer, and so far after three tries, my adaptor starts up and connects when the pc fires up. I am not counting chickens, 1,2,3, yet, but hopeful this simple solution is successful. I won't tick the resolved box yet, but if ok in a few days, i will definitely.
Am I the dumbo of the year???????????
Thanks anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…