WPA-PSK or WEP64

Carafaraday 14:29 08 Jul 08

How do I know whether my pc/laptop can support WAP-PSK or WEP? The User Manual for the laptop doesn't mention either although it is wireless enabled.

dawood 15:04 08 Jul 08

If you are using PC, then you need to have PCI or USB wireless adapter to connect to wireless network. If you are using laptop, then probably there is built-in wireless adapter support, read the laptop manual to find out more...and usually you will know the supported encryption by using the wireless adapter's application or wireless zero configuration. Take a look on this wireless network setup tutorial to understand more: click here

Carafaraday 15:30 08 Jul 08

dawood - thanks. I've read the laptop manual cover to cover - it's not at all helpful but I know that the laptop does have a built-in wireless adaptor - just don't know how to find out what encryption it will support. Will have a read through your 'click here' though, in the hope that gives more info.

tullie 17:32 08 Jul 08

I dont think its what laptop supports,its the router.Have a look at your router settings .I look at mine by typing in address bar 198.162.1.1 type in your routers addy.

Carafaraday 18:35 08 Jul 08

Thanks, tullie. I don't actually have the router yet - it's in the post apparently - but I'll check that out.

gavin-bewley 19:40 08 Jul 08

How recent ago have you bought it? I'd be surprised if any computer purchased within the last few years doesn't support WPA encryption.

Carafaraday 22:00 08 Jul 08

gavin-bewley, thank you for your reply. The laptop is about one month old.............

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…