Would this setup work?

morse_25 03:11 AM 30 Jul 11

I am looking to use these parts together but I am unsure whether it is possible or not. I already have a case, PSU, audio card and wireless card. The parts are: Asus M4A87TD EVO 870 Socket AM3 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard G-Skill 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ripjaws Memory Module CL9 AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition 3.3 GHz Socket AM3 6MB Cache MSI GeForce GTX 560TI Twin FrozR II

But I would like to have two of the GPU's in sli but I am unsure if it is possible or not with the motherboard, and if not could an alternative be recommended.

retep888™ 03:51 AM 30 Jul 11

The Nvidia card should work on that motherboard singly but the board only supports ATI gx cards in crossfire so if you want SLI then you may need an AMD socket with Nvidia chipset. (there are people running Nvidia cards on ATI mobo but why ask for trouble)

You can get a mobo like this one click here instead if you want to run SLI.

morse_25 13:00 PM 30 Jul 11

Thank you that is a lot of help. But on the motherboard is the one for about £70 like that but with usb3? As I do copy a lot of data from external hard drives. Thank you for the help though.

retep888™ 14:42 PM 30 Jul 11

"But on the motherboard is the one for about £70 like that but with usb3? "

Not one with Nvidia chipset and in that price range, the alternatives is changing your GX cards from Nvidia to ATI an retain the same motherboard & run Crossfire instead of SLI.

ATI 6870 click here

ATI 6950 (performs slightly better than GTX 560ti) click here

You didn't say what PSU you got but please make sure it can handle 2 cards.

morse_25 21:37 PM 30 Jul 11

That's a shame as I really like the nvidia physics on there gpu's. And yes my psu is 8000w from my current pc. I guess I will have to choose between the gpu and motherboard.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED