//some 3rd party need geo

Would one of these keep me cool?

Freddog™ 08:59 02 Jun 06

Hi click here. Would this product cool my AMD Athlon 1.73GHZ 2100+? It's a socket A/462, but the fan it fits my CPU.

Thanks, it's just my PC overheats when it's on 2100+ I have to keep it at 1500+.

Pamy 10:11 02 Jun 06

It does not say it is for your cpu so it may not fit

Freddog™ 10:26 02 Jun 06

It will fit.

Freddog™ 10:26 02 Jun 06

I have tried one of my friends.

Pamy 11:11 02 Jun 06

Can you try your friends, and see if it cools your cpu, before you buy one?

splatter 13:03 02 Jun 06

Why not just buy a fan/heatsink that states that it fit's your CPU?

Totally-braindead 13:56 02 Jun 06

I would suggest a cooler specifically for a socket A click here for all of them . I'm not saying that the cooler you have specified wouldn't work, as you say you have tried it on someone elses socket A processor, I just think it would be better to get one designed for the processor you have. Such as this one click here= ot the Akasa one Akasa AK-827 Ultra Quiet Copper Base CPU Cooler (Socket A)

ade.h 14:12 02 Jun 06

I'd rather have one that puts the airflow in the right direction, ie. in line with the case fan instead of at 90deg to it. Not many fan manufacturers have cottoned on to this idea, but Zalman has, if your pockets are deep enough. I invested in this click here. Mine is on a P4 but it fits all Athlons as well. Be sure to install it just right to get the best airflow; mine runs at minimum speed and gets about 32-38 deg. That's with only one other fan in the case.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…