Would a mobo bios upgrade help?

the old man 07:20 22 Mar 05

For a couple of months now my system decides to freeze at very unopportune moments, whether it be on boot up, close down, reading e-mails or whatever. I have posted a couple of times and have taken note and done as suggested by some learned sages on the forum. I have cleaned the innards and reseated everything checked wirings, and all drivers are upto date. Have done msconfig, scanfw??, and any other variants. But you have guessed it, the same thing happens. Now I was thinking about a bios upgrade as mine is dated from Jan 2001 I think. will put details of system on later as got to go to work and am already late. Athlon 2000xp home, winxp, 512 ram, 2 hdd, nvidia fx5200, onboard sound, intellimouse,(getting desperated now). hope someone can help.

Diodorus Siculus 07:27 22 Mar 05

A BIOS upgrade may well help - just be sure that you have the correct file and follow instructions to the letter.

the old man 21:26 22 Mar 05

does any one else have any opinions on the following.
For a couple of months now my system decides to freeze at very unopportune moments, whether it be on boot up, close down, reading e-mails or whatever. I have posted a couple of times and have taken note and done as suggested by some learned sages on the forum. I have cleaned the innards and reseated everything checked wirings, and all drivers are upto date. Have done msconfig, scanfw??, and any other variants. But you have guessed it, the same thing happens. Now I was thinking about a bios upgrade as mine is dated from Jan 2001 I think. will put details of system on later as got to go to work and am already late. Athlon 2000xp home, winxp, 512 ram, 2 hdd, nvidia fx5200, onboard sound, intellimouse,(getting desperated now). hope someone can help.

Diodorus Siculus 21:34 22 Mar 05

Have you tried the bios upgrade?

the old man 21:36 22 Mar 05

No only just on to system since this morning. bit worried of doing upgrade thats why asking for more opinions. certainly not dismissing yours though.

Strawballs 21:43 22 Mar 05

I had a similar problem that was cured by bios upgrade but that's not to say that is definately what your problem is but if you do be sure to do as Diodorus Siculus suggested.

the old man 21:47 22 Mar 05

certainly will. have got an MSI mobo and it will flash for me. should be easy enough if I pluck up courage to just take the step.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…