Would this computer be ok?

charlton200 18:41 22 Aug 04

Hello,
Could you please tell me if this computer I hopefully be buying this week is ok for me.
click here

I will be using it for normal internet and the latest games and basic digital photography etc.

I was hoping if you click on the configure button you might suggest any upgrades that you think I should have.

The parts I am thinking of are,
Ram 512 or 1gb

Graphics card for games(not the £250 one's though)that will play the latest games.

Monitor anolog or dvi

Sound card and speakers

cd rom / cd dvd/rw 2 drives

tv card is this analog or digital.

Any help that you can give me will be much appicated as I want to get the right one.
I have about £1400 to spend icluing warranty and delivery so some thing might have to be cut back.

Many thanks for your help.

Totally-braindead 19:43 22 Aug 04

Its a good spec, wish I could afford it but never mind. I would upgrade the graphics card as you say you want it for the latest games, I'd go for either the FX5900XT which is what I have or the Radeon 9800 Pro. I would also recommend getting 2 seperate optical drives that way if one fails you can still use the second one. I'd get a DVD reader and a DVD writer. Memory unsure of whether there is a great deal of difference between the 512 and 1 gig in terms of performance but I'm sure someone else will know. Onboard sound is ok unless you're really into music. Can't comment on the other things you ask. Good luck.

charlton200 20:28 22 Aug 04

Many thanks

charlton200 14:03 23 Aug 04

Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…