Would 3 yr old mobo have probs with 80gb HardDrive

bazbazbaz 19:21 22 Feb 03

Was going to get a 40gb harddrive and thought may aswell get an 80gb... have seen people on here having probs with motherboards and h/drives, I have a MicroStar 6167 Athlon mobo, 3 years old, I dont suppose it would be a problem would it? says nothing about size in the manual and was just gonna get it anyway unless anyone knows different? tia.

Giggle n' Bits 19:27 22 Feb 03

To check when you start/boot up your PC it shows a date in the first screen.

it will/may give the M/baord make if not the BIOS string number which is a mix of numbers/letter and long.

somewhere will be ??/??/?? in this screen.

Best way to do it, is to get your finger on the Pause break key on keyboard and pause the screen, press enter to go to next but you have to be quick.

Also if you press del key continous, when starting pc up you will enter the bios, the top of the bios screen will/may also tell you the date.

howard60 19:59 22 Feb 03

with your mobo's site and see if a bios update is available. This would then allow you to fit any new device

jazzypop 20:15 22 Feb 03

There have been no BIOS updates for this board since August 2000 (see click here ) - but none of them were to fix large drive support anyway.

There is a report of someone using a 60GB drive with this board ( click here ), so your chances are very high :)

bazbazbaz 20:27 22 Feb 03

Cheers everyone! I only asked cos its just sods law I'll buy the thing and it wont work, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now