wot do i need to make my navman pin 570 wireless

simonwwfc 18:44 06 Nov 05

is there something else i have to buy for it ? ive got a pc and wirelss laptop in doors and running a wireless-g2.4ghz broadband router 54mbps . i just wont to no if the navman will work (wireless) do i have to buy a card ?

bremner 20:27 06 Nov 05

click here the Navman does not have wifi

simonwwfc 07:56 07 Nov 05

wots wifi ? go easy

bremner 17:41 07 Nov 05

Wi fi = wireless networking.

The navman Pin 570 does not have it and it is not available as an add-on either.

Sorry but it seems you are out of luck.

simonwwfc 12:35 08 Nov 05

cheers

Rioja 21:55 08 Nov 05

Contrary to bremner's response, if your Navman PIN 570 has an SDIO slot, as I believe it does, then you should be able to use an SDIO wifi card eg.

click here

I have recently bought one for use in an Acer N35 - all up and running for £28.20 delivered.

Regards,

Rioja

bremner 17:59 09 Nov 05

I took my info from here click here

As you can see there is no mention of a SDIO slot.

simonwfs can you confirm whether or not it has such a slot. If it has then Rioja's comments are valid.

Isn't a sdio slot just the basic sd card slot?? I am looking at doing the same with my pin570, and i think i have found the answer. Thank you.

Frosty120 21:57 27 Dec 05

I have a Navman Pin 570 and in system settings it says that is has an SD/MMC Expansion slot. Is that SDIO?

Frosty120 22:06 27 Dec 05

ok now I feel a bit silly, I did think it, but thought it was too obvious, but its not! The IO just stands for 'In Out' according to click here
Well I know I can get data into my SD and I know I can get it out, so I figure I have SDIO!
Can anyone confirm I'm right?
simonwwfc, whats that site like (click here)? I haven't heard of it before, was it secure enough? All smooth purchase?

nhq 12:25 02 Jan 06

Frosty120, yes SDIO is indeed the standard SD slot - IO for input/output.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…