Worth keeping old gfx card ?

radi8or 12:03 23 Nov 03

Hi all,
Was running a Ti4200 graphics card but, after having freeze ups running anything 3D, blackouts after running for a while and finding a temp of nearly 70C after one b/out,got a new card.

Is it worth stripping down the old card and fitting new h/s and fan to put into another computer just for internet,e mail and "normal" use or will it be fizzed.

Your thoughts appreciated.

regards Bob

Diemmess 12:06 23 Nov 03

Yes - if you also collect hair shirts and old tyres.

Cybermaxx 12:16 23 Nov 03

It doesn't seem to me to be worth all the bother. Not when you can buy an MX 420/440 dirt cheap.

radi8or 12:28 23 Nov 03

Who told you about my shirts and tyres.

A relative wants a computer built just thought it might save a bob or three and I just wanted to rip the nuts off it after all the agg it gave me.

thanks for input

regards Bob

Diemmess 12:35 23 Nov 03

Understand how you feel, but these things are better done in private.

depend's really, could be a good idea to fit a new heat sink fan and then re-use it, i certainly would do it.

But the only problem is that it is overheating so it may worth be looking at it and trying to sort out!

radi8or 13:08 23 Nov 03

Pilch from exiled-gamers.co.uk
Hopefully a combo of ropey h/s fan,rubbish thermal paste and overworked, I'll give it go i'll show it whose boss around here.

Thanks again

regards Bob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…