Worms on host servers

carrum 12:07 02 Feb 03

I had major problems whilst attempting to update my web site. Although I could up load new images to my account I could not edit or republish. Thinking that it was maybe something at my end I uploaded the latest update from AVG and did a scan. Nothing untoward showed up. Three days later I recieved an e-mail stating that the host server had been infected by a worm. What risks are involved when connected to an infected server in these circumstances. I use AVG and Zone Alarm.

Pilch.... 14:09 02 Feb 03

tend to stay on host servers, not really affecting home user's.

Recently there was a case of worms on servers in asia, which would packets of data to be sent repeatidly, thus slowing the server and the internet down with unnecessary traffic.

They also tend to stay in the memory of the server, not the hard drive so anti virus programs struggle to pick the virus up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…