worm_recory.a

fosters 12:31 04 Jan 03
  fosters 12:31 04 Jan 03

Does anyone know about this virus I am running AVG which has the latest update 31/12/02. I have also run trend housecall which says I am clear . I am of low to medium experience on computers so nothing to technical in the replies please.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:34 04 Jan 03

There are no entries on the mighty Google. If you are clear why bother about it and from where did you hear of it?

G

Iceman56 12:41 04 Jan 03
  GANDALF <|:-)> 12:49 04 Jan 03

click here is a better link. The threat is low...how do you know that you have it as an up to date AV will stop it?

G

BobG65 13:50 04 Jan 03

Trend sent an email detailing the fact that this "worm" (for worm read hoax)was transmitted by email and detailed the wording of the email with which it "arrived". This information was misread as instructions for identifying the "worm". Hence the original post.

I.E. there was no worm. Norton AV, AVG and Trend Housecall failed to find anything.

The thing that puzzles me is why Trend sent an email today refering to a hoax that was first identified in April 2002, according to Symantic via Google.

How do I know the background? don't ask.

Thanks for the links

Bob

fosters 13:55 04 Jan 03

thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…