Worm/Netsky.D.Dam

bite 17:48 08 May 04

I received an email from a friend informing me that his isp (IC24) had informed him that an email from me (showing my correct email address) - which in fact I had not sent - contained the WORM/NETSKY.D.Dam. I run NORTON anti virus which is updated live and have had no indication of a virus infection. Can anyone please advise what, if anything, I should do.
Thankyou

VoG II 17:54 08 May 04

Nothing. Your e-mail address has been "spoofed".

Gaz 25 18:10 08 May 04

Yes, nothing. Its a damaged version of Netsky. LOL

oseven 18:10 08 May 04

click here I have Norton but it has let things through that I thougt it should have stopped .Get a free scan from The above.

spuds 22:31 08 May 04

Download and run Stinger, to be sure click here

VoG II 22:33 08 May 04

There is no point in running an on-line virus scan ot running Stinger.

bite has had a non-deliverable mail message - not an e-mail containing a virus.

VoG II 22:35 08 May 04

Read Gaz 25 posting. LOL here too!

spuds 23:04 08 May 04

Stinger is not a on-line virus scanner.

Suggested that he used Stinger, to check if there where any other crud floating about.Stinger found a 'nasty' hidden in my computer once, which other devices had missed.So I would recommend this free download.

VoG II 23:13 08 May 04

oseven was pointing to an on-line scanner (although not the best link in the world click here is better )

I do know what Stinger is, thank you, but I consider this to be unnecessary.

The original poster had a returned mail about a supposed virus but they do not have a virus. Even if they did it is a DAM - a damaged virus.

So I say, just delete the message and get on with life.

If I have caused offence that was not my intention and I apologise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…