Worm Trouble .

curlylad 10:03 20 May 04

I just checked what mail I had via mail washer about 10 emails, before I could delete spam etc and process the phone went and I went away for about 15 minutes.When I returned , I then deleted what was flagged up as a possible virus , and processed the wanted mail.Immediately a warning appeared telling me I had the I-Worm/Netsky virus.I deleted the email then , I ran AVG which picked it up but could not remove it. I ran the avg then with system restore off , also in safe mode ,but it is still there. I also ran stinger , and 3 other anti netsky tools from Symantec , Avast and McAfee but still it is on my PC.I then went into search and typed in the name of the infected file (only one infected file)and searched ,it then located this file and I put it in the recycle bin.I then emptied the recycle bin and ran AVG again but it tells me that the Worm is still present.

What is my next move , and why did Mailwasher let it into my inbox without me clicking on process mail , bearing in mind I had already deleted the email it said was the possible virus.

Win XP , Outlook Express , AVG free edition.

curlylad 10:44 20 May 04

FOR YOUR REFERENCE
I went into the Task Manager and killed an entry "I-Worm/Netsky-Tiscali" , I then ran a Netsky detection/removal tool from AVG , and then ran my AVG antiVirus and I am no longer infected.I also looked in 'right click start' , 'explore' and went through to the source but there was no entry there !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…