worm threat while updating zonealarm

grey george 16:32 28 Mar 06

I have just updated my version of zone alarm, while I was doing so Norton came up with this warning.
Details: Rule "Default Block Extreme Trojan horse" blocked communication. Local address: 80.189.14.126(1090).
Process name is "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\GLBE0A3.TMP".

the file was zonealarm-1023-english.

This maybe because zone alarm was shutdown while it updated or it maybe in the download.
But I thought I should ley you good folks know.

Regards GG

Stuartli 16:37 28 Mar 06

New versions of free ZoneAlarm should be downloaded as normal and then installed; there is a point in the installation where you can select to retain current settings rather than a Clean install.

grey george 17:12 28 Mar 06

What I meant was that I am not sure if the worm attack was because I had closed down zonealarm to update it or if the worm was in a file downloaded from zonealarm. I believe norton stopped it and my system seems to be fine, but the update site seems to be down. It may have been pulled I they realised they had a problem. Anyone who has updated may want to scan their systems.

SB23 17:52 28 Mar 06

I've just updated, rebooted, and scanned. All is well.
Thanks for the warning though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…