worm removal

_clive_ 00:44 18 Mar 06

according to my symantec antivirus 2006 i have an infection of the worm [email protected]
i have followed the instructions supplied with antivirus to manually delete it from the registry but can't find any of the listed alterations or additions that need to be deleted.
has anyone else had this problem?....and if so, how did you deal with it?

Jak_1 00:48 18 Mar 06

Try the Symantec site click here

Just type in the virus name.

_clive_ 00:53 18 Mar 06

therein lies the problem....they have detailed removal instructions showing which entries to delete in the registry but when i look in the locations required the entries aren't there but still the antivirus scan comes up with the worm again :(

p.r.b 09:59 18 Mar 06

Hi Clive
Have you tried System Restore - I know it's obvious - but I overlooked it when I had a problem ( not the one you have ) and it fixed it for me
good luck
Paul

ACOLYTE 10:53 18 Mar 06

Deleting the system restore points may stop it showing the infection may be in one of the restore points,and deleting them should clear it.

_clive_ 01:47 02 Apr 06

thanks for that....i deleted the restore points and tried to remove the worm with Norton but still it remains. Norton are no help at all unless i ring their exorbitantly costly helpline pftttt
any other ideas please?

VoG II 07:40 02 Apr 06

Try some online scans - if they don't find it, Norton is reporting a false positive:

BitDefender Free Online Virus Scan
click here
Make sure you tick AutoClean under Scan Options.

Panda ActiveScan
click here
Make sure you tick Disinfect automatically under Scan Options.

Housecall at TrendMicro
click here
Make sure you tick Auto Clean.

eTrust Antivirus Web Scanner
click here

bof:) 08:23 02 Apr 06

Hi All, also try the Ewido online scanner. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…