Worm nachi

ZootHornRollo 11:03 01 Dec 03

I've got this on my system. It's been spotted by my anti-virus programm (AVG) but it appears it cannot remove it. What is it? Is it dangerous or can it be safely ignored? And how do I get rid of it ?

Kudu 11:25 01 Dec 03

This got rid of mine click here

Belatucadrus 11:45 01 Dec 03

click here for info on Nachi. If AVG can't remove it it's almost certainly in system restore and being protected by windows. Turn system restore off and run AVG again. Then install the patch and reactivate restore.

Taff36 12:11 01 Dec 03

Also Known as click here

Kudu 12:38 01 Dec 03

AVG couldn't remove it from my computer even with system restore turned off.That's one of the reasons i bought NAV as it's happened before with another virus.

Xevious 12:44 01 Dec 03

as kudu says, use stinger, it'll remove it from WINNT\SYSTEM32\WINS folder and also from registry.

but most importantly, ensure you install the windows patch to block the port it comes in on.

raz11 18:46 03 Dec 03

I've also got this on my system. It's been spotted by my anti-virus programm (AVG) but it appears it cannot remove it. ive tried it with system restore off but its not being detected. Ive also tried stinger,but this again is not detecting it. Ive also run Fix Welch from Symantec. Help!!!

VoG II 18:50 03 Dec 03

If it was originally in a restore point and you turned off System Restore that will have "flushed" the virus.

If you run AVG again you should see that it's gone.

Don't forget to turn System Restore back on when you're sure you are clear.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…