Worm in Autoplay' suspected. Anyone had same prob?

rsedw 15:40 28 Feb 11

I appear to have discovered that my computer is infected with , possibly, a 'worm' which is activated by using Autoplay and selecting 'Paperport'
This sets off an audible alarm....bit like claxon going off....then I get boxes opening on screen which suggest that something is being downloaded. If I click on 'Cancel' another box appears informing me of an error and if I click on 'OK' the original box reopens and this continues.
I have had to restart the computer to stop it. I have deleted 'Paperport' via Control Panel but it still appears in Autoplay.
I have also run a complete computer scan using my full AVG 2011 security and also a Microsoft Malware security program...both did not find any trace of anything wrong with the computer. I have now disabled Autoplay as I cannot think of anything else to do.
Has anyoinme else had similar problems and, if so, how did you clear the 'Worm@ please?

rawprawn 15:53 28 Feb 11

Download free version, update and scan with click here

rawprawn 15:54 28 Feb 11

Best in Safe Mode

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…