World of Warcraft - MAXED out settings.

Noobpuff 11:24 AM 27 Nov 11

I consider myself pretty good with computers, until we get to hardware, absolutely confuses me.

I'll post info I feel is probably needed, hopefully it will be enough.

I'd love to be able to run at maxed settings on a 42" T.V. - 1920 x 1080.

Operating System - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 965 Deneb 45nm Technology

RAM - 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 401MHz (6-6-6-18)

Motherboard - Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-MA770-UD3 (Socket M2)

Graphics - Panasonic-TV (1920x1080@60Hz)

1024MB GeForce 9800 GT (Undefined)

Ian in Northampton 12:13 PM 27 Nov 11

In theory, there's no reason why you couldn't do that. The GeForce 9800 GT is rated at a max resolution of 2,560 x 1,600, so 1,920 x 1,080 on your TV should be fine. Whether the 9800 GT will allow you to turn all your WoW settings up to mx, I don't know - but it's one of the more capable cards out there.

Noobpuff 12:15 PM 27 Nov 11

That's my current rig. :) Sorry if I didn't make that clear. :P

I can run it at high, with a bit of FPS issues. So ultra for me is a no go. :(

I just wouldn't know what to upgrade to increase it, or even what to upgrade to. :P

Ian in Northampton 16:28 PM 27 Nov 11

Noobputt: you didn't actually make anything clear... :-( The art of asking a question is to - er - ask a question... So: you want to know what hardware to upgrade in order to get max settings on WoW? I'd suggest upgrading your graphics card, although I'd guess you may be looking at £200+ to get to where you want to be. I don't think upgrading your CPU or memory will help much: it's all about graphics throughput. For the ultimate graphics performance, you're probably looking at SLI. If your current rig doesn't support SLI, then things could get very expensive....

Noobpuff 08:25 AM 28 Nov 11

I apologise. :P

Okay, the hardware in the first post is what I am CURRENTLY using. As it stands I can not run WoW at maxed out settings, my FPS goes to hell.

I was just wondering what components I would need to upgrade? Just the GPU? or the Processor too? and if you could, please give me a recommendation as to what to upgrade to. Hopefully it's clear now. :)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites