Works W/Proc. question

Haggie 15:10 26 Oct 03

me girl has a disk that her work collegue has saved several Works word processor file ( it's in this as her collegue is sooooo stupid with anythin bar the tv remote.) when she opens it in works it's just a pile of rectangles & uther funny shapes.

can anyone help ????

How does she few it as normal text??????

(please help or she's got like 3 days typing to redo in word for tommorrow morning)

recap 15:13 26 Oct 03

Haggie, Works comes with MS Word on it so they should open up in Word OK. Have you tried any other program to open them like Notepad?

Haggie 15:16 26 Oct 03

tried opening under word same thing.

as for notepad i get some words & other parts are filled black vertical rectangles.

DieSse 15:27 26 Oct 03

Try opening them with Word - but use "Recover text from any file" as the file type.

Otherwise, I think the reason must be due to incompatible versions of Works (if such a thing is possible) - or they've been copied or saved wrongly.

recap 15:32 26 Oct 03

DieSse it may not be Works but Word. Haggie if the Works program is newer than the Word progam then it will be incompatible. A Newer version of Word over Works should open the files. If you get what I mean.

Haggie 15:33 26 Oct 03

still no joy DieSse.

Haggie 15:35 26 Oct 03

the save item is works 4.0

works on our pc is works 4.5

i know seemingly that in appleworks that there can be an incompatibility with older versions

woodchip 15:38 26 Oct 03

Try opening in ASCII format or ANSI in WordPad If it's a Lotus WORD Doc you have my sympathy

DieSse 15:38 26 Oct 03

What are the full file names - with the extension name please.

Haggie 16:09 26 Oct 03

woodchip i can't see no option to open as ascii

however all the text is there but each letter has a hollow box character betweeen them

Haggie 16:11 26 Oct 03

DieSse the ext type is

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…