works word processor wont accept 'paste' words

deejo 18:52 01 May 09

Hi there, looking for a bit of advice, for some reason my microsoft works word processor wont accept any words at all when I try to paste them into a document, I get an error message that says "the info you copied exceeds the limit for pasting into a word processor, try reducing the size of your selection then copy and paste again"
. Well I have reduced it down to one word and it stil shows this message, can you give me an idea as to how to correct this problem
thanks!!!
Dee

Kaacee 20:06 01 May 09

Cant really help but i just copied and pasted your post into word without a problem.

Sea Urchin 12:03 02 May 09

I assume you are copying from a web-page when this happens. Instead of using the 'Paste' command click on the Edit menu and then Paste Special. Select Unformatted Text in that box and click OK.

deejo 12:13 02 May 09

Hooray sea urchin that has worked, I wonder why it has just started to do this? it has been ok up till now when I copy text from a web page.
thanks a lot!

Sea Urchin 12:27 02 May 09

This is Microsoft's explanation of the problem - although it is fairly out-of-date it is still relevant to your problem.

click here

Maybe you have gone on to a new browser - perhaps IE6 to IE7 (or even to IE8)?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…