Works (*.wks) to Excel (*.xls)

Zeltine 16:49 20 Jul 03

Bit of a numpty question, is there a conversion program that will allow me to convert a *.wks to *.xls file without me having Microsoft Works available to me? I have tried Importing data from the file to no avail and opening as Works file but again just garbage. I am running Win98 with Excel 2000.
Many thanks for your time in this matter,
(Even if it is to tell me that there is no such thing)

pj123 16:57 20 Jul 03

Where did you get the .wks file from? It needs to be given to you as either a .csv or a db4 file then excel can read it.

DieSse 17:24 20 Jul 03

This seems fairly definate

click here

BUT try here

click here

Zeltine 17:25 20 Jul 03

The file is from a crashed hard drive. So have no way of opening file unless there is some way of converting it to excel. I am wondering if you know of a filter that I can use...?

keith-236785 18:41 20 Jul 03

If you have quick view installed you can view the MS Works files with that, you should be able to copy and paste into excel but you will lose any formatting/macos.

click here, sign up for the demo, it should allow you to view MS Works files (or at least it says you can).

pj123 12:35 21 Jul 03

If the file is not "personal", email it to me and I will convert it for you and email it back.

Blondie. 01:01 24 Jul 03

Sorry if you've already tried this and it hasn't worked. When I had the same problem, I was able to open *.wks files within Excel by selecting files of type "all Microsoft Excel files". I could then save it as an *.xls file so I could open it easily in future.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…