Works Suite 2004 Installation problem/Nightmare

Giggle n' Bits 00:38 06 Nov 04

Having a problem installing Works Suite 2004 on a CD Rom set of disks of 5 all in total. The 1st CD will not install for love nor money on XP Home.
I get error 1305 & tried the Microsoft suggestion of a clean boot install.

Disk set is new also and there are no other conflicts with other office products.

Microsoft won't assist and deny its anything to do with SP2 in XP.

I have heard from a retailer who sells the software there is a problem but no cure.

Really, how come Microsoft arn't mentioning this.

So does anyone know of any installation problems with Works Suite 2004 CD Rom set PLEASE.
The CD's are not marked and I have also tried 2 other XP machines of friends and a ME. ME gave slightly different error but disk one seems to be a problemm.

THE TERMINATOR 01:09 06 Nov 04

Take it back to where you got it from and get a replacement, there is obviously something wrong with the disk(s)....TT

groundhog 06:20 06 Nov 04

As a suggestion Uninstall SP2 and try to install your works suite.

groundhog 06:29 06 Nov 04

A search on google say's An error 1305 is because a file on your hdd is read only and the program you are trying to install can not overwrite that file.

It suggests that you find the file concerned and alter it's attributes. Me i would make a copy of the file xxx.bak before overwriting it.

Giggle n' Bits 13:05 06 Nov 04

It is not a windows update instal, so how can you uninstall SP2 if its intact in the Windows XP Installation ?

Interesting info groundhog, but which xxx.bak file is this or is the file called xxx.back ?

Giggle n' Bits 22:53 06 Nov 04

to Uninstall Serivce Pack 2. Agian, this is not a windows update but it was intact on the OEM CD.

shurley someone else has had problems installing the MS Works Suite 2004 ?

keverne 23:07 06 Nov 04

After using Google I would say that the advice you got from The Terminator regarding replacing the disk is the way to go.
You've got a faulty CD.

Giggle n' Bits 23:12 06 Nov 04

and 3 XP machines with SP2, & 1 with ME.

groundhog 08:50 10 Nov 04

If you've changed the Works Suite 2004 cd's as suggested by terminator and cd1 is still not working, how far into the install do'es it go if at all

BigMoFoT 10:08 10 Nov 04

Error 1305 could also be a fault with your drive..
When I've come accross this problem in the past I have created a directory on my hard drive and copied the contents of the CD to it and ran the setup locally..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…