Works Suite 2003

Johnsy 12:14 19 Dec 03

Any Word files that I create do not appear on the Woprks Task Launcher. Why is this?

I am also unable to use Calendar. It complains that I do not have a Microsoft file Msdart.dll.
Where can I get this file?

tenplus1 12:47 19 Dec 03

Word is a separate program to Works... Anything loaded with Word will only appear on it's own list of recently opened files where'as Works will only be able to list/open it's own...

As for the Calendar, check to see if everything is installed ok, if not the missing file should be on your Works install CD inside one of the .cab files...

Djohn 13:10 19 Dec 03

Word should appear in the task launcher of Works Suite along with all the other programs it did in my copy of 2003.

Johnsy 20:18 19 Dec 03

Works has Word in Works,and it is these files which are not appearing in the task launcher. My Works install discs do not have a Dll file Msdart.dll

Djohn 20:29 19 Dec 03

I think the file you are looking for is from the Operating system disk, and not from "Works" Insert your O/S CD and see if you can find the Msdart.dll file. j.

Johnsy 20:41 19 Dec 03

I have a recovery CD which came with the PC - a search for the Dll file is unsuccessful

Djohn 20:54 19 Dec 03

I've had a look round and it seams the file is in fact on the "Works" Cd and is part of the diary and address book dynamic link. It may be that the file on your PC is corrupt, and a repair is in order.

This can be done from the "Works" disk and will not harm your existing files. But as always, make a back-up of any of the files that are important. j.

Johnsy 21:56 19 Dec 03

My Works discs do not have this Dll file on them. I have 5 discs:-
No 1 has Microsoft Works Suite 2003 Setup, Microsoft Works 7.0, Microsoft Word 2002,and Microsoft Works Clipart

No 2 Microsoft Money 2003 Standard and Microsoft Auto Route 2002 Setup

No 3 Microsoft Picture It! Photo 7.0

No 4 Microsoft Encarta Encyclopaedia Standard 2003

No 5 Microsoft Auto Route 2002 Run CD

Djohn 22:49 19 Dec 03

Hi Johnsy. If not on the "Works Suite" Cd set, then the only other place I can suggest is the operating system.

The searches I've tried do suggest it is on one or other of these disk as the problem most often associated with this file tends to be in the loading of the diary or address book.

Seeing that the only other Cd you have is a restore disk, then you could look on that or the hard drive itself. It should be found in the cab files. Do a search of the hard drive but enable "Show all files" and "System files" j.

Johnsy 11:18 20 Dec 03

I've found the file on the PC - but I assume it's corrupted. I can't find it on the Restore CD or the Works Install CD. Where can I get a good copy?

Johnsy 11:41 20 Dec 03

It appears to be OK now. I found another copy of the file on my C drive, which I successfully copied to the System32 Folder in Windows and Calendar now works. The other problem of Word files not showing in the Works Task Launcher still exists. Thanks for your help, anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…