Works Suite 2002 Word Processor

MIke 16:27 17 Dec 03

In the thread below there is some discussion re Works Suite having both Word and Works own Word Processors.

click here

Can anyone tell me if the Works Word Processor referred to by Wee Eddie and the MS Works site was included with Works Suite 2002? The reason I ask is I can find no way of launching anything other than Word 2002 from within Works Suite 2002. I've even checked all the MS Office and Works Suite folders on my PC for an executable, and still I can only launch Word 2002. Not a problem for me really but it might help solve the thread originator's problem.

Ta Mike

Djohn 16:37 17 Dec 03

Hi MIke, I've just run a check on 2004 version of "works Suite" and can't see any reference to a separate "Word" program.

I have the 2003 Version of "Works Suite" and can confirm it has only the one word processor and that is the full version of "Word 2002" exactly the same as supplied in "Office XP"

Djohn 16:44 17 Dec 03

In the first post of the link you have provided, the poster, [Radiofan] says "A copy of Works"

Works is a different program to "Works Suite" and did contain only a more basic version of "Word" and not the "2002 Word" program included with "Works Suite".

Regards. j.

MIke 17:09 17 Dec 03

Thanks for the reply I thought I was going daft,btw further in Radiofan's thread he posted that he uses the Adress Book in Works 2002 which is why I assumed he is using Works Suite 2002, as I believe Works is just version numbered i.e 6 etc.

Mike

Djohn 17:24 17 Dec 03

Me too MIke, [Going daft!] I've checked with M/S site and several reviews and still cant find any reference to their being 2 processors included.

I too have 2002 and 2003 versions of "Works-Suite" and both have only the 1 full version of "Word2002" but as mentioned in the other thread, a friend of mine has "Works 7" That has a basic word processor based on "2002" but not the full version. :o(

MIke 17:39 17 Dec 03

This is where the confusion springs from

MS own site at click here says

* Microsoft Word 2002 is the default word processor in Microsoft Works Suite 2004. Works Suite includes the Works 7.0 word processor; however, predefined word processing templates and wizards (such as letter and reports) in the Task Launcher will use Word 2002.

Implying Works Suite has two wps.

Anyway best not lose sleep over it eh?

Mike

Djohn 17:51 17 Dec 03

Thanks MIke, found it at the bottom of the list from your link, I couldn't find it myself. :o(

I've long since removed version 2002/2003 from my PC, but could not remember ever seeing the basic version of word included in either program.

Just inserted the 2003 version into my PC and searched the CD but still can't find the lesser version of word, only the 2002 version. It does look as though they have included 2 versions with 2004, but not sure why? Or what benefit there is to be gained.

MIke 23:27 17 Dec 03

Odd isn't it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…