works spreadsheets

jimmer409® 19:01 21 Oct 04

does anyone know of a quick and easy way to convert ms works spreadsheets to excel help appreciated

LastChip 20:01 21 Oct 04

You should be able to open a Works spreadsheet in Excel.

You can then "save as" any supported format you like.

VoG II 20:13 21 Oct 04

Which versions of Works and Excel?

jimmer409® 20:47 21 Oct 04

not sure vog, really just asking for a friend who is trying to transfer the files to office excel,believe,he had bank data in works s/sheet and can't figure how to transfer to excel, to be honest, i'm no really a user of either.

VoG II 20:58 21 Oct 04

I think that with older versions of Works and Excel you could transfer quite seamlessly. I'm not sure that is the case any more.

One surefire (maybe?) way would be to SaveAs from Works as a .csv file. Excel will definitely read that but only the data, not formatting and so on.

keith-236785 21:04 21 Oct 04

just to expand on Vog, csv = comma seperated values

once copied your friend should be able to open the file in excel (choose comma seperated values instead of XLS)

as vog says, only the data and not the formatting will be transfered.

if not then try using text delimited (i think thats the wording) again, the formatting will be lost.

Friday's Child 21:19 21 Oct 04

It's a long time since I used Works and I'm not sure if I'm on the right track (VoG™ will though) but if there are only a few of them to transfer and Excel is on the same machine, could it be done by using copy and paste?

ie Highlight the whole sheet in Works, copy and then paste to a sheet in an Excel Workbook?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…