Works or Works Suite?

hawthorn59 00:41 11 Mar 04

I have a new PC which came with Works 7.0. Fine. Now, I also have on DVD, Works Suite 2002, which as you probably all know, includes Autoroute and quite a few other programmes. But I presume the word processor is not a updated as the one in Works & (Works Word Processor)? Or cam i wrong in this?

In other words, should I uninstall Works and install Works Suite, or can the 2 be on the PC at the same time? (I suspect not).

If I DO want Works Suite, can i NOT install its word processor but keep Works 7? Hmmm.

Thanks

KC

Djohn 00:56 11 Mar 04

Yes you can have both at the same time. keep works on your PC then install only the programs you want to from works suite.

You will have to install the installation files from CD 1 of works suite but then you can swap the other CD's about as you pick and choose the applications.

Autoroute for example. You will need the install files from CD 1 [Install the whole of this CD except for any actual programs] then if I remember correctly the rest of Autoroute will come from CD 4 and halfway through you will need to insert CD 2 or 3 to pick up some files from there as well.

It does work though as I had parts of works suite 2003 on my system at the same time as Office XP. I continued to use them until I had copied all my files over to Office XP and bought a separate copy of Autoroute 2004, then I removed Works suite completely. j.

hawthorn59 01:34 11 Mar 04

Thanks for that. I presume, since Works Suite is just on 1 DVD disc, everything will happen automatically?

KC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…