Works 7.0 problem

7 13:12 28 Jan 05

I have made few documents in works word processor7.0 and when i tried to open with MS office 2000, i am not able to open it up at all....wat shuld i do?i don't want to write whole documents again in MS office 2000 and don't want to buy printer..

Dennis1 13:20 28 Jan 05

Have you tried r/clicking and selecting to open with word.

7 13:22 28 Jan 05

yes i have tried to open with word but it opens something likeÐÏ à¡± á > þÿ þÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿýÿÿÿþÿÿÿþÿÿÿþÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ...hope u got my point......

Djohn 13:27 28 Jan 05

In your works word application resave the documents as Rich text. Word will then open it.

Djohn 13:41 28 Jan 05

I've just had a quick look round and I think it might not be as simple as I first thought. Its to do with the file ext that works processor uses.

open your works doc and see what ext you are offered to save in, compared to the default works one.

Took me ages to find the post button because you've typed all your Y's without a break in them, the forum is treating it as one long word :o(

7 13:47 28 Jan 05

thanku Djohn for reply but at present I am not near to my computer...can u suggest wat shuld i do on the computer where i am now to get it work apart from writing again....the ext is wps...hope u can help me now...

Djohn 14:01 28 Jan 05

This might help. click here

With Word Viewer 2003, you can view, print, and copy document contents to another program.

However, you cannot edit an open document, save a document, or create a new document. This download is a replacement for Word 97 Viewer and all previous Word Viewer versions.

7 14:11 28 Jan 05

hi!! after opening into the programme wat u sggested the result is same....any other comments

Djohn 14:26 28 Jan 05

click here This convertor will do the job, but its not a free program although you can download a fully working trial version for thirty days. Sorry 7 but its the only thing I can find at the moment but I have a feeling this problem has been in the forum early last year and a work round was found.

Djohn 14:56 28 Jan 05

I've had a good look round 7 and can't find a solution other than the above link to a converter. Only thing I can suggest is to re-open the documents in works then use "save-as" with an ext that "Word" will recognise and open with.

7 12:58 29 Jan 05

thanx for the advice but i am not able to open with converter too.....i will follow ur next advice an dwill let u know....thanku for everything u did....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…