Works 6 Word Processor

carper 13:56 10 Oct 06

Hi, I have normally used Works 6 word processor for every day letter writing etc., but for some reason I have lost the shortcut and it does not appear in "All Programmes". It is present on my hard drive in C:/Programmes but I am unable to get it back as a shortcut direct to the word processor opening page without any templates etc. Any help would be appreciated Regards Carper

Fellsider 16:37 10 Oct 06

Find the 'exe' file,

left click mouse, then choose 'Create Shortcut'

Fellsider 16:44 10 Oct 06

That should be RIGHT click - sorry

carper 18:49 10 Oct 06

Thanks Fellsider for that. That works great but I am surprised that I am unable to move it as a desk top shortcut. Any Ideas?? Regards Carper

bjh 18:51 10 Oct 06

Just jumping in here, Fellsider, as I'm online....

Once you've created the shortcut , you should be able to drag n drop it on the desktop... left click & hold dowm, pull to desktop, let go....

carper 18:54 10 Oct 06

I should also have said that if I set up a shortcut I get the message "This application failed because WKWBL.DLL could not be found. Stll I can get my word processor easily enough Thanks again. carper

carper 18:57 10 Oct 06

Thanks for jumping in bjh but as you see from my last post the shortcut does not work Carper

bjh 19:03 10 Oct 06

It sounds like the program may have been corrupted.

If you find wkswp.exe in that folder and double click on it, does the program run? I suspect you'll get the same error.

carper 19:17 10 Oct 06

Thanks bjh. It looks like I was moving the wrong file. The programme does work fully by double clicking the file so I am relieved about that.
Thanks both again Carper

bjh 19:24 10 Oct 06

So, right click on that file, and make a short cut. Drag the short cut to the desktop. DO NOT drag the program file itself. (If you have moved it, we can tell you how to put it back again!!)

Cheers, and best luck

bjh

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5