Works 4.5 Printing issue

johan_strange 19:41 04 Nov 03

Has anyone ever seen this before?

I have Works 4.5 running on a PC. Until recently all was ok but now I can not print multples. My initial print will work but no more than 8 pages and any multiple prints I try to make after the first one will only print one copy, the print queue will also show 1 copy. All my other applications are fine. The printer is an HP Deskjet 970Cxi. I have chnged the driver and downloaded the latest one from HP. I have gone through all the settings on the printer and even reinstalled works. The KB yields nothing. My PC is an Athlon XP2200 256Mb RAM with W2KP SP3... any ideas

flecc 20:49 04 Nov 03

I've experienced the same problem with Works 4.5 on several different installations and have never found the cause. As you say, reinstalling doesn't seem to fix the problem.

However, although I no longer have Works 4.5 on any system, I have installed it onto a CD-R and it runs perfectly from there and without that problem ever cropping up!

The only difference when it's opened by clicking it's EXE on the CD-R is that it shows the message, Cannot Open Help Files, Run setup again. Just click OK on that and it opens and works perfectly then and more than fast enough for the job.

Since I run multiple systems I find that CD-R method very useful for when I want to access WPS files or look at a spreadsheet on any system. If you want to do this, just choose the CD Writer drive letter when installing. The CD-R disc must be formatted for Direct writing (UDF) and Easy CD Creator is the best program for this purpose since it can convert the disc later for use on any computer, but failing that, a CD-RW will work as well for this purpose.

johan_strange 21:46 04 Nov 03

Thanks flecc, I will do what you suggest

oglemire 15:42 05 Nov 03

~

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple