Works 2003 compatability with Windows XP Home

norwindian 20:08 07 May 03

I bought my PC a few months ago and wants to buy an office suite, but I keep on reading that Works 2003 can only be used if you have a version of windows. My question is: Does Works 2003 work on aPC that has XP Home installed or do I have to buy the full windows Office suite?

Happy1 21:36 07 May 03

Yes you can have works on instead of usual office suite. It is an office suite but without excel, access and I think publisher. It does have Word a spreadsheet and database plus one or two other things. It is very good. I have both on mine but it only came with works. I already had office 2000 so put that on as well as I do some extras for day centre club.

3Toed 21:45 07 May 03

Yes it does as Happy1 says.I have works suite 2003 on one of my pc's running-Winxp home.Just to put your mind at rest it also states on the box it is fine for Winxp.

Lú-tzé 21:47 07 May 03

Why not go for OpenOffice - free, except for a download?

What are you looking for in Works? A wordproccesor and spreadsheet are there but also are in OpenOffice. RouteMaster (or whatever it is called) can be found on the AA site click here and will always be up to date. Otherwise, only a graphics prog is aditional to Works and there are numerous of those around.

Even StarOffice could be worth thinging about for around £60 or so.

Djohn 22:46 07 May 03

Will, as other have said work fine with win XP,I too have this suite on my PC and it has all you need, spreadsheet/database/word2002/autoroute/encarta, and a couple of other programs as well.

word 2002 is exactlly the same version as you would get with OfficeXP Pro. J.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…