Works 2000 - data base won't print

acca 18:24 14 Mar 06

I have not come across this problem before having used Works for years. I am using Works 2000 and have a large data base of names and addresses. I am unable to print the data base as I get an error message stating 'out of memory'. I have checked the page size and orientation settings of the document with the page size and settings with my printer and they appear to match. I am able to print labels from this data base. I have uninstalled and re-installed Works but to no avail. I have no problem printing documents form Word or Excel. Can anyone help please.

VoG II 18:28 14 Mar 06

click here - possibly.

acca 22:23 14 Mar 06

Thanks VoG

I logged onto the site suggested and tried everything listed, but to no avail. I think the problem started when I had to do a complete restore of XP. I note from the site that it is a problem in the Microsoft products and it was corrected in Microsoft Works 8. To save anymore fiddling about I have ordered Works 8 and await its arrival. I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks for your advice.

acca 14:16 17 Mar 06

Hello VoG

The problem was down to me. Not only I am suffering from memory loss but failing eyesight as well. My previous computer had Windows 98 installed and last July I bought a new one with XP. I had forgotten that since July I had not tried to print any Works 2000 data base. Looking at the system requirements again I saw in small print, that Works 2000 was designed for Windows 95 and 98. It was no small wonder that although it would run on XP some features including printing a data base would not work. I have now installed Works 8 and everything is fine including the ability to print a data base.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac