Working with two joined Desktops

peterleemaxwell 10:25 AM 20 Jan 12

What is the best way to join two desktops working on the master with Win7 and wish to use the other as I slave? Can it be done? Has anyone got this configuration? Thanks.

KRONOS the First 10:43 AM 20 Jan 12

Not sure what you mean by master and slave when talking about two desktops.

I use one of these: KVM Switch. This allows two PC's to be connected to one Keyboard,Video(monitor)and Mouse (KVM).By pressing a button you are able to switch between the two PC's

peterleemaxwell 10:50 AM 20 Jan 12

Thanks Chronus. I mean probably what you have described a main PC that controls the other through one keyboard an one monitor. Then presumably you can have working programmes on both run independently or combined working. Is that the cheapest method, a KVM switch? I have never heard or seen one.

sharpamat 10:54 AM 20 Jan 12

If both have connections to the same router this can be done quite simply in windows 7 by the network useing a homegroup

peterleemaxwell 10:56 AM 20 Jan 12

Thanks sharpamat. Hard-wired?

KRONOS the First 11:34 AM 20 Jan 12

Yes they both can have separate programs running as they are of course separate PC's joined only by the KVM switch and in my opinion the simplest method of complete control over two PC's.

mimosa418 12:00 PM 20 Jan 12

Suggest you give this a try

peterleemaxwell 12:50 PM 20 Jan 12

Thanks Chronus and mimosa418 reading the info now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016