Working Offline? I think not!

NirvanaGuy 23:30 13 Aug 04

I have one of the most annoying problems I have ever faced on my PC.

Whenever I want to browse the web, I open Internet Explorer and then recieve the "Work Offline" dialogue box.

"No connection to the internet is currently available. To view internet content that has been saved on your computer, click on Work Offline.

Click Try again to connect."

But I am already connected to the internet.
Another weird thing is, under the Connections tab in Internet Options, everything is greyed out. It says I have no connections, and the add/remove buttons are also greyed out. I know this could be the reason for why I am recieving this annoying message.

If anyone has a silution, I would very greatful indeed!

Thank you!

Devil Monkey 08:41 14 Aug 04

click here

Failing that, go to dial up networking and create a new dial up connection - use the same details as you have now - maybe running the connection wizard will get you on the move again.

NirvanaGuy 11:37 14 Aug 04

Thank you for your link, but I should have said I am running Windows 98SE. Thank you, as I will try the method from the site anyway, with a little improv!

Thank again!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:54 14 Aug 04

Repair IE click here

This site explains IE repairs for all operating systems

NirvanaGuy 13:01 14 Aug 04

Thank you Fruit Bat, but unfortunatley the repair console doesn't work either.

I should have said before. Thank you for your efforts tho!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…