Working Monitor Switches off after 1 second!!!

beefbeef 00:12 19 Jan 15

Hi, I have a desktop computer that i want to connect a monitor to. It already has a monitor connected and is working, but i want to swap monitors. I have tried many times with multiple 100% functioning monitors and they all display the screen for about 1 second and then go blank (still turned on). Help? I have checked cables, and they are fine.

BRYNIT 00:30 19 Jan 15

Are you trying to connect two monitors or are you just swapping one monitor for another?

If you are swapping one monitor for another are you sure you have secured the connector to the graphics card/monitor correctly.

Have you tried the monitor on another computer to confirm that the problem is not with the monitor?

beefbeef 02:03 19 Jan 15

Thanks, I currently don't have the appropriate connections to go dual-monitor, but eventually this monitor will be used for dual-monitor setup. So yes, i am just trying to swap at the moment. Yes i am 100% certain that this monitor works. Yes the VGA heads are screwed in firmly. ???

beefbeef 02:05 19 Jan 15

P.S This same problem happens with three different monitors, so im guessing its a setting. (im running windows 8)

wee eddie 10:54 19 Jan 15

That all the monitors, that you have tried, appear to exhibit the same problem puts the problem within the PC.

Try opening it in Safe Mode and see what happens

beefbeef 04:50 20 Jan 15

Thanks, will do in next few days.

wee eddie 11:57 20 Jan 15

Is your Monitor connected to a graphics card or to the MOBO?

Are there any major differences between the monitor you are now using which, I gather, works and the monitors that you are trying to connect that "all" turn off after about 1 second?

Once the Non-working Monitors go black, do any of them exhibit a Logo or Message?

alanrwood 14:16 20 Jan 15

It depends on what connection your monitor is set to ie VGA, DVI, HDMI etc. If you are not set to the appropriate one your described symptoms will occur. There should be a menu setting on each monitor to select the input type

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5