Working with Database's

SB23 17:00 09 May 06

I currently have work to do with Databases. I would be using it for approx 4-5 weeks, but the only way that I can use it, is if I go to my local Education Centre, which is only accessible a few hours a week.
I thought I had Access on my pc, with Office, but don't
Microsoft Access is great, but I do not know if it is possible to purchase on its own, and how much it would be. Any ideas? Or am I restricted to my local Centre?

Steve

johnnyrocker 17:02 09 May 06

you could download freebie click here vers 2 which is microsoft compatible and might get you out of trouble.

johnny.

pj123 17:09 09 May 06

I have both MS Office 97 and MS Office 2000. Both of which came with Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint. Are you sure it is Office you have and not MS Works?

SB23 17:16 09 May 06

It's Office, but just didn't have Access. Would it have something to do with the fact that when my wife bought it, it was for students?

SB23 17:18 09 May 06

Thanks for that, but tried it a while ago, and didn't like it.

Woolwell 17:28 09 May 06

Access only comes with Office Professional. It can be purchased on its own at a price. You can also get Access on e-bay but watch out for pirate and oem copies.

SB23 17:47 09 May 06

If I'm only going to need it for a few weeks, don't know if it would be worth buying it.
I may have another go at Openoffice as johnnyrocker suggests. Will have a look.

Thanks all

Steve

SB23 14:16 14 May 06

As johnnyrocker suggested, can use Openoffice to get me by for the time being. Its actually not bad when you get used to it.

Thanks everyone.

Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…