Workgroup Setup Help

ssunny 15:32 26 Jul 07

we are temporarily based in a office where we are renting, 3 seperate rooms, we have a pop3 set up with a web space company, now we need to make sure these three rooms are set up as a single small network, as the space is rented we have provided the owners with a ethernet switch which will be provided to the three rooms indeed, but i need to set the users in all the three rooms into one network. please help me out in this respect.

thanks

brundle 17:12 26 Jul 07

Run the Network Setup wizard on any XP machine which will be part of the network (just hit F1 at the desktop and search Help for network setup), create the Network Setup floppy to set things up on the other computers (XP or not), run it on all machines. Make sure everything is plugged into the switch of course.

ssunny 09:05 27 Jul 07

Hi
As i am not that technical ,could you please provide more details on this as whether we need an xp cd for this and how to set the floppy up and how to go forward installing it on other computers.

Would it be possible to give a step by step approach to this.

Thanks

Regards
SSunny

ssunny 09:31 27 Jul 07

this is the scenario:

the people we rent the office has a cisco cataylst from which there are lot of connections to different offices like us, one connection is coming down to a ethernet 8 port switch (owned by us) and then to the switch .

please guide me on how we can set this up as we have 7 users with ip address automatically assigned.

thanks

brundle 10:06 27 Jul 07

Lots of help here; click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017