Workflow in Sony Vegas Pro?

IClaudio 19:53 08 Jun 10

Hi all

My choir did a concert a couple of months ago, and we filmed it all with several cameras and recording devices, none of which, unfortunately, were sync'd together. I've been charged (as an Audio professional) with producing a DVD of said event.

I'm wondering what is the best way of tackling this project in Sony Vegas Pro. Bearing in mind that the audio can't be edited (although I shall probably clean up the inter-song waffle), does anyone have any advice as to how I should edit all the various clips?

My first thought was to chop out the bits I needed from all the various files and string them together in a Sausage on a 'Master Edit' track - but maybe a better method is to leave all the original files in their own Track and end up with a 'checkerboard' of clips, so that I can shrink or extend clips as required. The master Audio track (a feed from the theatre's desk) would be in its own Track and Locked.

Any advice would be much appreciated (I've checked into various Video Forums, but they all require a lengthy activation process...)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…