Work offline

swanny2 14:17 23 Apr 08

Hello
i keeo getting now and again a pop up saying ......sorry work offline or try again ?
nOW WHEN I CLICK CANCEL EVERYTHING IS FINE AND IM NOT DISCONNECTED.
any1 any idea why .
sorry for caps cheers Swanny ;o0

johndrew 16:43 23 Apr 08

What software are you running when you get this message?

swanny2 17:47 23 Apr 08

Hi thanks for reply
it can justpop up anytime im on the net .wether it be email or surfing web pages.
thanks

johndrew 19:17 23 Apr 08

Sounds as if you are getting an interruption in your connection to the ISP. Could be the `phone line, the length of cable between the PC and the master socket, a suspect filter (I presume it`s broadband) or possibly the exchange.

I would suggest you try re-making all connections and see if that helps. If not you are into a trial and error diagnosis of the distance you are from the master socket, your filters and any `phones you have connected.

Probably best to check connections and if the problem is still present disconnect everything except the PC and see if that works. If it does connect other items one by one, over time, until the problem manifests itself.

swanny2 22:52 25 Apr 08

cheers mate ye im on a modem broadband i reset everything , seems too be ok now , thankyou for the help appreciated. ;o0

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…