Word/Table Problem

milkybarkid 17:30 03 Oct 05

I have a word doc that has a table in it that covers about three pages. I want to insert some normal paragraphed text about halfway through the table but not in the table itself. Any idea how I can create a break in the table to do so?

Batch 17:44 03 Oct 05

Select the row where you want the table split and got to Table Menu and click Split Table.

Peter 20:28 03 Oct 05

You can make it appear that the normal paragraphed text is not in the table, but still actually within the table, if you do not want to break the table up. This can be done by switching the border off by highlighting a row, or rows, of the table and using the No Border option from the Tables and Borders Toolbar. If necessary you can merge the cells across the table to make it into one column.

Keeping the table in one piece can be useful if, for example, you are using the Table Formulars to add up cell contents.

Peter.

brambles 21:01 03 Oct 05

Click insert table where you want the normal text to start.

Insert a table of 1 row and 1 column then just type in it for as long as you want to. It will not affect the remainder of your smaller tables.

Brambles

milkybarkid 21:05 03 Oct 05

Your answers have solved my problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…