Wordstar & Epson Laser EPL-7100 Or EPL-5700 ?

Giggle n' Bits 13:11 28 Sep 04

Friend who runs a business has a machine that runs "Wordstar" he currently has a Epson EPL-7100 Laser but it is almost out of Toner & a draw panel has broke.

I have a Epson EPL-5700 which I would lend him until he converted and got a real computer running XP and and decent Laser.

Problem is if I lend him a my old Epson EPL-5700 laser printer how would the drivers work for wordstar. All I know is its for Windows, Mac

What is Wordstar ? what drivers would I need to get this EPL-5700 to run on his Wordstar.

I remember Windows 3.1 just but anything before is out of my depth.

Taff36 14:08 28 Sep 04

click here

Wordstar is an application just like Word. The real question is what Operating System has your friend got. (Is it really Windows 3.11?) And can we find a driver for the printer that works with that system. Judging by the printer serial numbers yours looks older than his so the answer should be yes. Post back and let us know.

Taff36 14:17 28 Sep 04

click here

The driver file number is 4505 available from support on the epson site. Hope the above link took you there.

Giggle n' Bits 16:19 28 Sep 04

I will have to wait and see now which operating system he has. I also bet its Windows 3.1 or 3.x when they say 3.x is there a Windows 3.2 ?

Question is now, how to get the driver downloaded and across to this old machine thing. Will have to ask if it has a CD, the file size is bigger than a floppy.

Taff36 16:52 30 Sep 04

You could download it and then use Winzip to span the download across several floppies. Post back if you can`t do this and someone will help you. (I`m back in the office Monday.)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…